The membership of the Administrative Council at OUMC includes the pastor, other committee chairs, lay members to annual conference, UMW and UMM presidents, and members-at-large. All other church members are invited to attend the meetings and participate in discussion, although only the Administrative Council members can vote. The Council meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm.
This team is responsible for providing other committees with annual budget planning and guidelines, develops the Stewardship campaign budget, and develops and implements plans to raise sufficient income to meet the budget adopted by the Administrative Council. It oversees the financial health of the church, reviews the annual audit, provides financial direction, and communicates the church’s financial condition to the Church Council.
Supports ministries that benefit children, youth, and adults, as well as the work of missionaries.
Pastor-Parish Relations Committee
- The PPR committee leads the congregation to encourage, strengthen, nurture, support, and respect the pastor(s) and staff and their families.
- It helps the staff set priorities that strengthen the congregation's total ministry.
- The committee consults with the pastor to recommend staff positions to support the strategy of the church leadership team (church council).
- The committee recommends staff compensation, travel, housing, and other financial matters to the church council through consultation with the finance committee. The finance committee includes the salary total in the budget, and the PPRC works with staff on allocation.
- The committee provides for annual evaluation of the pastor and other staff for ongoing effective ministry.
- The chairperson is the congregation’s primary connection with the district superintendent and bishop related to appointed leadership of the congregation.
- The committee meets with the district superintendent and/or the bishop in an advisory capacity related to clergy leadership.
Board of Trustees
Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the church buildings and other properties.
The Lay Leadership/Nominations Committee oversees the identification, development and care for the volunteer leaders at OUMC. Key initiatives include preparing the annual nomination slate and providing oversight of volunteer service and leadership development at the church.